Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Christmas Part 1 -- Old El Paso (or New Mexico, if you want to get technical about it ...)

We had a whirlwind travel schedule this Christmas and New Years.  First up on the itinerary was New Mexico to visit BB.  (I'm sure I'm totally confusing the kids because I always call it El Paso even though BB and Mimi/Papa Tig all live in New Mexico just outside of El Paso.  But I digress.)

Scarlett and BB on BB's back patio.  The lighting is harsh, but the Franklin Mountains are behind them.  Cha Cha watches on.  Enjoy your two minutes of not being held by a toddler or preschooler, Cha Cha, because you're about to not be put down for three days straight.


See?  What did I tell you, Cha Cha?


Chris and Max playing a little croquet.  (p.s. -- I don't think that's how you play croquet)


Shuffleboard at BB's friend's house.  Max was surprisingly good at this.  Check out the tongue -- helps to concentrate.



Another friend let us borrow her golf cart so the kids could take a ride around the neighborhood.



It was really cold and we even got a few snow flurries (although nothing stuck), so we checked out an indoor play area.  Here's Max rounding up some dinosaurs.


Lunch with Denise, Mike, and the boys.



We stopped at the main overlook along scenic drive so the kids could climb rocks -- one of their favorite activities.


A little El Paso-style wind can't stop Scarlett the Rock Climber.


"I'm king of the world!"



A few photos before BB's annual Christmas Eve party.  Not a lot of cooperation from anyone except BB.




BB with my cousins William and Greg.


The kids got to meet their baby cousin Austin (Greg and his wife Courtney's new baby) while William skulked around mysteriously in the background.


Dressed in their Christmas pajamas leaving cookies for Santa.



Checking out what Santa left on Christmas morning.


Wow, I'm SO SURPRISED!  He got Scarlett a robe just like she asked!


No comments:

Post a Comment