Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Monday, May 28, 2012

Peaches & Scream*

(*Alternate title: "I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree" rejected because it sounds vaguely inappropriate for reasons that aren't entirely clear.)

Max had his first solid food a few days after his six month birthday.  Chris whipped him up some fresh pureed peaches and I pulled out my old Benjamin Bunny china baby bowl that BB saved all these years for future grandbabies.
 
For fear of retribution from She Who Does Not Want Baby Brother Sitting in Her High Chair, Chris held Max in his lap for the big moment.

The stage was set.  It was time to see what Max is made of.  Peaches, apparently.

First bite.


"Hey, what is this stuff?"


"MMmmMMmmm, peeeeaaachhheeessss.  Why have you people been holding out on me???"
 

It's been about a week and Max is doing great.  For now we're only feeding him solid food in the evening.   Much to my disappointment, it hasn't decreased his desire to eat throughout the night, but I know that will improve with time. 

The good news is that my my Jedi mind-trick worked with Scarlett; she is now happily sitting in her "big girl" booster chair at all of her meals and Max has taken over Scarlett's "baby" high chair, which is now outfitted with a manly red cushion in place of Scarlett's pink polka dot cushion.  Scarlett loves to help feed Max, and surprisingly, she's pretty good at it.  Plus, it offers her the perfect opportunity to boss him around, although she's equally generous with praise as she is with orders.  Phrases such as "no, baby brother, put your hands down!"  or "no, Max, don't bite the spoon!" are usually followed by "good bite, Max!" or "awesome job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment