Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Star Student

Scarlett was the "Star Student" a few weeks ago.  We made a poster all about Scarlett and her favorite things that she presented to her class.  We also made brownies to share with her classmates, and I went up to school one afternoon to read her book of choice to the kids -- "Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?"*

[*Answer:  Yes. They do all kinds of things like do chores, climb trees, play in the rain, etc.,  becuase (toddler life lesson alert) being a princess is about who you are on the inside (despite the fact that one of the little girls kept emphatically answering "NoOoOoO!" to the various questions about what princesses do).]

Here's Scarlett's poster.  In case it's too hard to read, it says: 

"I am 3 years old!  I live in Dallas.  This is me!  This is my family.  My friends are Merritt, Harper, Michael, Riley, and Bennitt [kids in her class].  I want to be a mommy when I grow up!  My favorite ... food -- mac & cheese, meat, and tomatoes; color -- yellow**; book -- princess books.  My pet is Winnie."

[**Really?  What happened to pink?  Scarlett explained, "Momma, I still like pink, it's just not my favorite color anymore."]


The Star Student posing with her poster on the way to school.


Some of the Star Student posters from previous weeks.  Future ambitions include "ninja" and "clown."    


Scarlett's class enjoying their brownies.  


Practicing Jingle Bells with Ms. Andrea for the upcoming Christmas performance, and enthusiastically ringing their bells.  (Note Scarlett's poster hanging proudly in the background.)



No comments:

Post a Comment