Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Snow and more snow!

Dallas had no real winter weather until the bitter end of the season, then we got walloped with two big snow storms back to back at the very end of February and the beginning of March.  The March snow storm brought up to six inches of snow in some parts of the Metroplex.  (I was less than a week from my due date and had visions of driving to the hospital in a snow storm.  Little did I know, Hattie had no plans to go anywhere!)

Snow Day #1 (which was more of an ice storm, really):


We live on a hill, and people always underestimate it in snow and ice.  Some fool gunned it trying to get up the hill, spun out, crossed the road, jumped the curb, and hit the utility pole in front of our house, tearing up a chunk of our lawn in the process.  Some neighbors called the police, but the guy took off.  Here's Chris chatting with a cop and a fireman.  (Having a police car and firetruck parked in front of our house was pretty exciting stuff for Scarlett and Max, as you could imagine.)



Making snow ice angels.





Hello down there!


Snow Day #2 less than a week later:










The kids and I decided to head down to the golf course to check out the scene.  (Note that I was 9 1/2+ months pregnant while the kids trekked and I waddled around in this; I deserve some serious "trooper" brownie points for that one.)












Next snow day we'll have another little snow bunny with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment