Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Big Day: January 21, 2010

I suspected I might be in labor during Chris's delicious pork chop dinner on January 20 after a long day at work, but our internet research convinced us that I was not. Plus, Scarlett was not due for two more days and my routine doctor's appointment that day revealed no progress. Turns out the pork chops did in fact do the trick, and I woke up at 3:30 in the morning on January 21 and realized it was show time. We got to the hospital around 7:00 a.m., I got my epidural around 9:00 a.m., and then we waited. She finally made her grand entrance at 5:05 p.m. and much to our surprise weighed a whopping 8 pounds 9 ounces. Here she is taking everything in -- welcome to the world, Scarlett Elizabeth Schwegmann!


Nurse Cheryl (an Aggie), Dr. Ruk (a Longhorn, so it all balanced out in the end), and all the rest of the Medical City staff were amazing; we had a really great experience all around. Here she is hanging out in the nursery saying hello to her admirers through the glass. Actually, it looks more like she's saying "get me the heck out of here!!!"


After a bit of a rough start getting her temperature regulated, she finally got to come to our room for some snuggles.


One more shot of our sweet girl all snug in her swaddle. I remember being surprised at the time at how big she was, and now looking back she seems so tiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment