Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Monday, July 19, 2010

Food glorious food!

Scarlett had her first official taste of solid foods this weekend. I have to admit that pictures of babies with food all over their faces gross me out. Yes, I know babies are messy eaters, but I don't really want to look at photographic evidence of it. But I felt like we should nevertheless take pictures of the big event, and it turns out I'm not grossed out by photos of my OWN baby with food all over her face. Funny how that works ...

She started off with a breakfast of oatmeal and banana. Thanks to Aunt Patsy for the adorable dishes, sippy cup, and spoons!







For dinner, Chris cooked us a delicious avocado and shrimp dish, and so Scarlett had plain avocado. We're going to try to feed her the same thing (or a baby-friendly variation) of whatever we are eating when we can.



It dawned on us very quickly that we had given her one of the slipperiest (most slippery?) foods around. That tricky avocado really vexed poor Scarlett.

"Hello, avocado. I will eat you now. Not because you are delicious (although my parents tell me that you are), but because I put everything I find directly into my mouth."



"Avocado, you are a slippery sucker. Where did you go??" (Note avocado on her collar.)



"Waiter, may I please have a napkin? Actually, make that a towel." (We forgot to put a bib on her. Lesson learned. Our stash of bibs has since been relocated to a drawer in the kitchen.)



"Avocado,why are you on my arm and not in my mouth?"



"Avocado, somewhere ... somehow ... you will be mine."



"Ahhhh! Much easier with a little help from Mom."



"Avocados are delicious!"



Winnie quickly learned that babies are messy eaters and is thinking maybe it won't be so bad to have Scarlett around after all.



On the menu for later this week: broccoli and asparagus. Don't worry Scarlett ... they are far less slippery, but arguably less delicious (hey, it's a trade-off).

1 comment:

  1. The pictures and comments are wonderful. Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete