Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Saturday, January 14, 2012

"No" is so 2011

Scarlett has been the Queen of "No" for quite some time. Good news! She's moved on and doesn't say "no" all the time anymore! But wait, there's bad news. She's evolved to far more sophisticated ways of being contrary.

Her current favorite way to disagree: "No, I do not!"* This is usually said in a dramatic/sad voice with brows furrowed and eyes cast downward while shaking her head. The first several times she said it we thought it was hysterical. And adorable. Now it's mostly just hysterical, but not so much "funny-hysterical" as "if-you-don't-stop-saying-that-over-and-over-Mommy's-going-to-get-not-funny-hysterical-but-crazy-hysterical."

Luckily for Scarlett, she's overall so darn cute that we can deal with the "no I do nots." One fun game is to ask her things like, "Do you want a pony?" or "Do you want a car when you turn 16?", to which she emphatically responds as expected: "No I do not!" I need to get that on video as evidence for later.

Here are some cute shots of Scarlett at the park last weekend. She loves going there, even though when we initially asked her if she wanted to go, she said -- you guessed it -- "No I don't!"

(* Variations include "No, I don't", "No, I will not," "No, I won't", "No I cannot," and "No I can't." The girl likes variety when it comes to saying no. And when it comes to contractions, apparently.)







No comments:

Post a Comment