Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Thursday, May 9, 2013

BIG Things Happen In Dallas

The Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau recently launched a new campaign with the slogan "BIG things happen in Dallas."  (I suppose this is also a play on the "Big D" moniker.)  There are more than two dozen over-sized "B" and "G" signs at various venues throughout Dallas, and people are encouraged to snap photos of themselves as the "I" in between.  I think it's a really fun idea.

One of the displays is set up downtown in Pioneer Plaza, which contains a life-size replica of a cattle drive cast in bronze.  The statues weave their way down a hill and across s stream, and include three cowboys on horseback.  I've lived in Dallas for over twelve years and have never checked it out, and I was really impressed.  It's definitely worth a visit.  

Notorious B-I-G.


Max dots the "I."  Hey Scarlett, what up G?  (Ok, no more lame rap references for this post.  Promise.)


Scarlett's turn.


"Why hello there, Longhorn."


Scarlett reaches waaaay up to touch the cowboy's stirrup.  (Note the get-up she's got on:  Snow White top paired with a red tutu over her clothes.)


Jumping from rock to rock over the stream with Daddy.


Max and Papa Tig taking in the sights.  (That bush behind Max's head cracks me up ... looks like Bam Bam's ponytail.)


Scarlett takes the bull by the horns.


Max and Papa Tig working hard to pick out just the right rocks to throw in the water.




Checking out the cattle drive below.


The Princess Cowgirl rides a Longhorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment