Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Notable Quotables

I got really, really behind on posting about the funny things that come out of Scarlett's mouth.  I jotted a few down here and there on my iPhone over the last six months or so, so I figured I'd list them out (better late than never, right?).


[September 2013; 2.5 years old]

Scarlett (upon noticing that Max's Jumperoo (a jumping contraption that keeps him contained) was gone from the playroom):  "Wait a minute, where's the Jumperoo?"

Me:  "I gave it back to Penny for Baby Alysse to play with.  Max is too big for it now."  

Scarlett (panicked):  "We need to get it back so Max can't mess with my stuff!"  


[January 2013, almost 3 years old]

Scarlett (for no apparent reason):  "My teeth are in my mouth, so that's good."

***

Max:  "Baa!  Baa!"  (probably saying "ball," but who knows)

Scarlett (exasperated):  "Baa??  Baa!?!   Max, you're NOT A SHEEP.  Why are you always saying 'baa' if you're not a sheep?"

***

Scarlett:  "Where are you going, Max?"

Max:  "Ersh."

Scarlett (annoyed):  "I don't know what that is and I don't where that is."


[March 2013, 3 years old]

Me:  "Scarlett, you can't leave the dinner table until you've finished your milk."

Scarlett:  "Mommy, you can't leave the dinner table until you've finished your wine."

Me:  "Deal."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment