Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Saturday, February 25, 2012

2 going on 12

A few days ago, Scarlett was in her highchair and said, "Mom, I want down."

Shocked, I asked, "What did you say?"

"Mom, I want down." I was stunned. I'm Mommy, and only a few short months ago I was Momma. Who is this "Mom" person she speaks of? I figured Scarlett wouldn't call me Mommy forever. But barely a month past her second birthday? *sigh*

Trying not to panic as I imagined a surly pre-teen sitting in front of me instead of a precocious two-year-old, I asked, "Is my name Mom or Mommy?"

To which she responded -- no lie -- "You're Shelbi."

You've GOT to be kidding me. I guess I should be happy with Mom.

(Oh, and when asked what Daddy's name is, she says "Chris." We're in trouble. Big trouble.)

No comments:

Post a Comment