Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy "Valentime's" Day ...

from Scarlett the Heartbreaker ...



and Max the Ladies Man!



A dreary, rainy Valentine's Day morning turned into a beautiful, sunny Valentine's Day afternoon. I dragged Scarlett and Max's red chairs out into the backyard, which Scarlett found super exciting. I took Max's chair out first, and Scarlett hollered "take my chair outside tooooo!"

Scarlett loves to look at her "Valentime's" Day cards -- and Max's, too -- from BB, Mimi, Papa Tig, Grandma, Paw, Cherry and Jim, and Erin and Paul. She's looked at them so much that she knows which ones are Max's, which ones are hers, and who most of them are from. Poor Baby Brother looks forlorn because he doesn't have any cards.



But you do, Max -- don't worry! Half of the cards are for you!



Really! Look, here they are!



Brotherly/sisterly love. Scarlett loves to hold Max in her lap. "I hold him?" is requested multiple times a day.



Roz and Max sharing a Valentine's Day hug.



And this is Scarlett's new "smile for the camera" face that she decided to debut today. Oh, dear. And she's holding a rock to add to her collection on the patio. Or she's making a dramatic and/or ironic statement about Valentine's Day. Who knows.



Scarlett and I headed out later to the Bishop Arts District for a Valentine's Day ice cream outing. It was Scarlett's first official ice cream cone (chocolate of course). We sat outside, and the following conversation took place as Scarlett devoured her cone:

Random passerby to Scarlett: You go girl. Go to town!

Scarlett: I not go to town.

Me: Where do you go, Scarlett?

Scarlett: I go to ice cream store.

And I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was -- Scarlett ate every single last bit of that ice cream cone.

First bite.



Delicious!



The camera smile once again. Very natural, Scarlett.



"Going to town."



All gone!



Lots of love ~
xoxoxo
Scarlett & Max

No comments:

Post a Comment