Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Max is Ten Months Old! (September 17, 2012)

Yikes, I'm way behind on this -- Max will be eleven months old tomorrow, so I figured I should finally get the ten month post up!

Max is still on the move all the time (which made this photo session challenging).  He loves to "mess with things" (as Scarlett says), including the fireplace screen, drawers, cabinets, remote controls, Scarlett's toy stroller, and generally anything that you don't want him to mess with.  He can stand up without pulling up or holding onto anything.

When he doesn't want to do something, he lets you know it, usually by arching his back and trying to fling himself in the opposite direction.  This is especially difficult when you're trying to get him in his carseat or up the stairs.  He's a climber -- he made it all the way up the stairs last week (with me right on his tail, of course).  Still no efforts to walk, although he has done a bit of cruising while holding onto furniture (but not much).  He's becoming more and more vocal.  He "talks" all the time and screeches loudly to express both excitement and displeasure.  He clapped for the first time this past weekend when he saw Scarlett clapping (at my golf swing, no less -- at least someone thinks I have skills), and he's waved a few times here and there.

My sweet boy is still my biggest fan.  He gets a huge smile when he sees me.  If I've been gone for awhile, when he sees me again he often whips himself into a frenzy while deciding whether to cry or laugh and flails his arms and squawks like a little chicken until I pick him up.

Max continues to find Scarlett hilarious.  Sometimes he'll bust out laughing just because she gave him a look.  And poor Winnie's harassment continues as well.  Max has gotten several successful (well, not for Winnie) tail grabs and ear squeezes lately, forcing Winnie to basically sleep with one eye open.

Here he is ... ten month-old Max!


Smiling at Mommy.


Surveying the backyard.


On the move.


Trying to climb up a big rock.


Checking out a much smaller rock.


Waving at Winnie while she hunts frogs in the monkey grass.


A few gratuitous shots of sweet, mistreated Winnie, who turned eleven in September.  (By the way, that's not your toy, Winnie.  But given the daily harassment you have to suffer through, I'm going to let it slide.  When Scarlett saw this picture (she was at school when I took it), she said, "HEY!  Winnie has my horse!"  I know, Scarlett ... everybody keeps messing with your stuff.)








No comments:

Post a Comment