Powered By Blogger

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Scarlett says, "Welcome to my blog!"

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Until We Sea Island You Again! (Part 3)

We spent our last day at Sea Island enjoying some quality beach time.  Shortly after this photo was taken, I somehow managed to do a full-on backwards roll off of my beach chair into the sand, a feat of athleticism that I haven't even intentionally attempted since 1986.  It was bad enough that it happened at all, but it was made even worse by the fact that there were lots of witnesses, including our waiter who was squatting right next to my chair taking our lunch order at the moment of impact.  He did say it was the most amazing thing he'd seen all week, so I'll take that as a compliment.  And I hadn't even finished my first pina colada, so there's no excuse, really.  The good news -- I didn't spill my drink.


Scarlett and BB working hard on sandcastle #2.


Me and handsome Max.


Ok, I get it, Max.  You don't like hats.  Yet.  (I'm not giving up, kid.  Sorry.)


Busy girl.


Getting a little help from Mommy.


Showing off her masterpiece.  Note the seashell pathway, the twig bridge, and the moat.  They're hard to make out, but there's also a cherry stem flag and a feather flag.  Great job, BB and Scarlett!  A few minutes later, the tide started to come in and filled up the moat.  Cool, right?  And then a few minutes after that, the tide came in even more and started to erode the castle.  Cool, right?  Oh, wait -- Scarlett's two.  NOT COOL.  Disaster!  "OH NOooOoooOOoo! The water is getting my sandcaaaaassstlllleee!"


Another sandcastle in progress.  It's got nuthin' on BB and Scarlett's castle.


 View of the Beach Club from the beach.  The pools are just to the right of this photo.


Time to move on to the pool!


Scarlett had lots of fun playing with the lion fountains.


And Max had lots of fun splashing in the shallow water.


This particular pool had a "zero entry" (I think that's what it's called) where you walk right in rather than step down into it and then it very gradually becomes deeper, creating a huge shallow space for toddlers to play.


Here's a shot of the outside of our gorgeous house.


Max had the right idea and crashed after our big day at the beach and pool.


Scarlett keeps asking to look at the pictures from our trip and when we can go to the beach again.  I'm with you, Sister -- can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment